mercredi, juillet 14


Who are YOU? - said the Caterpillar.
I hardly know, sir, just at present - Alice replied- at least I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.
`What do you mean by that?' - said the Caterpillar sternly - `Explain yourself!'
`I can't explain MYSELF, I'm afraid, sir',`because I'm not myself, you see.'
said Alice.
`I don't see,'- said the Caterpillar.
`I'm afraid I can't put it more clearly,'`for I can't understand it myself to begin with; and being so many different sizes in a day is very confusing.'- Alice replied very politely.
'It isn't'- said the Caterpillar.
`Well, perhaps you haven't found it so yet,'`but when you have to turn into a chrysalis--you will some day, you know-said Alice-and then after that into a butterfly, I should think you'll feel it a little queer, won't you?'
`Not a bit,'- said the Caterpillar.
`Well, perhaps your feelings may be different,' `all I know is, it would feel very queer to ME.'- said Alice.

`Y0U!' `Who are YOU?'
- said the Caterpillar contemptuously.